LIABILITY INFORMATION SHEET
Policies & Procedures
• EMF JNR staff & instructors are all blue card qualified in line with relevant legislation. However, being an adjunct care service, are only supervising children and are not responsible for more than basic supervision.
• Children are not allowed in the gym workout area before, during or after their visit to EMF JNR.
• Children under EMF JNR supervision will be released ONLY to an authorised guardian listed on their membership profile.
• Please bring your child in a fresh nappy. Nappy’s will NOT be changed by EMF JNR staff. If your child does need his/her nappy changed, then the childcare staff will ask you to return and attend to your child.
• For the wellbeing of the other children and staff, please refrain from bringing a sick child into the centre. Any child seen to be suffering from an illness or injury will have their parent/guardian contacted to collect them.
• For safety and security reasons, we ask that you refrain from bringing in your child’s own personal toys. Any personal belongings are bought at your own risk of theft, loss and breakage.
• Disruptive or inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated. In these circumstances, the parent/guardian will be asked to remove the child from the premises.
• If a child is inconsolable, the parent/guardian will be notified and asked to return to the centre to assist.
• Medications will not be administered by EMF JNR staff.
• EMF JNR staff will clean up general mess, however, any messes made form children’s bodily fluids or faeces will be required to be cleaned by the parent or guardian of that child.
• No external food or drink is to be brought into EMF JNR, with the exception of water. Food & drinks are available for purchase from our on-site café.
• All children who enter EMF JNR must be immunised.
• Aftercare cannot be added on the day of the program booking – Changes to your booking can only be made 24 hours prior.
• Refunds are only permitted 48 hours prior to booking. If within 48 hours, a credit will be offered for medical or unforeseen circumstance with managers approval.
• No changes can be made to your booking within 24 hours of the day – this includes aftercare.
EMF Emergency Procedure
• If any incident occurs within the centre involving a child, the following emergency procedure will be followed:
• EMF JNR supervisor will raise the alarm to another EMF staff member to contact the parent/guardian, request assistance and/or contact the relevant emergency service if required.
• EMF JNR supervisor remains with the child to comfort and attend to any first aid that may be required. The parent/guardian is requested to return to EMF JNR immediately.
• EMF JNR supervisor will explain the situation to the parent/guardian and then leave the child in the parent/guardian’s care or assist in any capacity possible.
• EMF JNR supervisor will then write an incident report and have the parent sign before leaving the centre.
I, the undersigned, hereby hold harmless, waive and release EMF Performance Centre Pty Ltd and EMF Fitness Centre Pty Ltd, their employees, instructors, volunteers, officers, representatives, agents, organizers, and successors from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of action, which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with the participation of EMF JNR care, including those allegedly attributed to the negligent acts or omissions of the above mentioned parties. I understand that if my child becomes inconsolable during the session, I am responsible to return to EMF JNR and attend to my child. I understand that if my child needs to go to the toilet or have their nappy changed, I am responsible to return to EMF JNR and attend to my child. I understand that children are not allowed in the gym workout area at any time. I agree that my child’s immunisation records are completely up to date. I have read and understood the foregoing assumption of risk, and release of liability and I understand that by signing, it obligates me to indemnify the parties named for any liability for injury or death of any person and damage to property caused by the above-mentioned parties negligent or intentional act or omission. I understand that by signing this form I am waiving valuable legal rights.
I understand it is a requirement that socks be worn by both children and adults at all times on the play equipment. GRIP SOCKS are highly advisable to prevent slips and, should I choose to not follow this recommendation, I do not hold EMF Jnr responsible for any injury as a result of slipping.